September 22nd, 2011 by Sheree
I’ve wanted it for years, dreamed about what it would look like, and laid in bed countless nights planning how to make it a reality. So why am I so nervous about writing this first blog post? The answer is simple…
- What if you don’t like it?
- What if I spend countless hours getting real and pouring my heart out and no one ever reads it?
- What if people do read it and find out that I don’t have it all together?
The truth is… those things could happen, but I’m willing to take the risk. I’m willing to finally follow through on what I feel God calling me to do; get real and blog about it.
As I embark on my new journey I can’t help but wonder about those who’ve stepped out in faith before me. For instance, I wonder what was going through Abraham’s mind when he left Ur or Peter’s mind when he took that first step onto the water. I wonder if Joshua had second thoughts before he led his men to march silently around Jericho or if Esther’s stomach was in knots when she went before the king.
Surely these giants of the faith experienced fear as they stepped out to do what God called them to do, but they didn’t allow it to stop them. They were willing to be obedient to God despite the risks that lay ahead of them. Their steps of faith encourage me to follow their lead, and the outcome of each of their stories help me re-think my “what ifs”.
- What if people do like what I write?
- What if people’s lives are changed by the things I share?
- What if my willingness to be transparent leads someone to Christ?
What if those effects start right now? What if after reading this post you took a step of faith toward what you feel God calling you to do? What if you changed your “what ifs”? What if this single blog post started a movement of God’s people that changed the world?